Our fans love movies and get excited about awards season! We asked the DVD Nation about their awards season predictions. Here are the poll results! How accurate are the DVD Nation's picks? We'll find out on March 4th as we watch the 90th Academy Awards.
- 50% said Lady Bird
- 25% said Call Me By Your Name
- 13% said Get Out
- 12% said Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Did you know that DVD Netflix is the only place where you can rent every Best Picture winner from the entire history of the Academy Awards? Go to dvd.com/bestpicture.
- 25% said Denzel Washington in Roman J. Israel, Esq.
- 25% said Daniel Kaluuya in Get Out
- 25% said Gary Oldman in Darkest Hour
- The rest were evenly split between Timothée Chalamet and Daniel Day-Lewis
- 38% said Margot Robbie in I, Tonya
- 25% said Meryl Streep in The Post
- The rest were evenly split between Frances McDormand, Sally Hawkins, and Saoirse Ronan
Want to add this year's nominees to your queue? Go to dvd.com/oscars.
Now that we've talked about the biggest categories, let's dive into which films won the polls in other categories.
Best Supporting Actress: Allison Janney in I, Tonya
Best Actor: Sam Rockwell in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Best Director: Guillermo del Toro for The Shape of Water
Best Cinematography: Hoyte van Hoytema for Dunkirk
Best Documentary (Feature): Last Man in Aleppo
Best Music (Original Score): John Williams for Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Best Writing (Original Screenplay): Jordan Peele for Get Out
Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay): Scott Frank and Michael Green for Logan
Best Costume Design: Consolata Boyle for Victoria & Abdul
Best Animated Feature Film: Coco
Of course, some movies slip through the cracks, so our final poll question was: Which film was overlooked this season that deserved at least a nomination?
A third said Wonder Woman and another third said Michelle Williams for her performance in All the Money in the World. A sixth said The Greatest Showman and another sixth said The Beguiled.
You may have an entirely different set of predicted winners! For fun, vote in our Facebook poll about which film you think will take home Best Picture this year.