In the past, you had to wait until our hub processing centers physically received your DVD in the mail before sending the next selection from your Queue. But with our new advanced return system, that’s no longer the case! To help you better understand how we optimize your movie watching experience, let's take a look at a DVD’s journey from you to us…
You drop your DVD in the mail. Once your DVD arrives at the closest United States Postal Service’s (USPS) processing center, the center scans the barcode on the DVD mailer and forwards us the information that you have returned a DVD. This outstanding partnership with USPS allows us to ship you the next DVD in your queue before we receive your return mailer—which helps us minimize turnaround time.
Here are two tips to help you get your next title quickly:
1. USPS collection boxes usually pick up their last shipments by 5pm (each box has collection times posted for the last pickup of the day), meaning that if you drop your DVD in the box after that, they can't scan it and let us know. This means that it'll take an extra day to process your return.
2. Personal mailboxes all have varying pickup times, so figure out when yours is and put your envelopes in before then for faster turnaround.
- We ship to every address and ZIP Code™ in America, including military bases throughout the world.
- Since we first began, we've used more than 145,000 gallons of red ink on our envelopes!
- We have shipped over 4 billion DVDs by mail since 1998.